June 8, 2010

It's that delightful time of year again when flowers start to bloom and we can enjoy fresh flowers inside from our own gardens and flower pots. I took some lilac bushels from my parents garden (they have lilac hedges that encompasses their garden right beside the house so the fragrance wafts inside on a breezy day). They certainly brighten up my apartment. I like to use flower vases that can stand alone as an art piece when not in use as a flower holder. Here are some faves:

Who doesn't love changing the mood with a few strokes of chalk? Write a little message "So Glad-i-ola could be here." Chic on it's own as well.

This luxe blown glass vase from de Flute glass art gallery in Rotorua, New Zealand would be perfect with a single stem.

I love how simple these rustic wooden cachepots are- they look like miniature tree stumps and would be perfect for that back to basics decor.


Beautiful colours in this vase- purchase from Pier 1.

These look great grouped together like below but I think they'd be equally as elegant displayed individually on a desk or side table.

Simple white vases put the emphasis on the flowers. These by a local artist (local to me anyway!) Carole Epp (I recently went to a pottery sale in my city and her work is on display- the pictures on Etsy are good but don't do her work justice! Definitely some interesting, unique pieces to be found!)

No comments:

Post a Comment